Online workshop: how to set up your training with food rewards
Do you want to start training your horse with food rewards? Or do you want to improve your already existing training structure? Set yourself and your horse up for success and join our online workshop
You will learn:
how to plan your training sessions to create relaxation and minimize frustration
how to create balance between pause and active training
how to build strong pause
By diving into:
what structure in a training system is all about
how to apply it
why we use it
We will dip our toes into:
What will you learn?
5 hour online workshop,
concrete and practical
My horse's relationship to food changed. Kelinda now understands it's ok to take a break without frustration. This seemed really impossible before!"
Learn stuff that you can apply the very next day to start making a change
5 hour online workshop with a break in the middle
learn in a small group in a safe environment
maximum 30 participants per workshop
highly recommended to participate live
recording available for 30 days
What do you need to participate?
A computer or phone with access to Zoom and an internet connection
The possibility to take notes
No horses needed for this workshop
Currently 2 dates available
1. What if I can't attend the event live? We recommend everyone to attend live, as that way you'll get the most out of this learning experience. However, in case this isn't possible, you can always watch back the recording of the event. Which will be made availabe to the particiapant after event for the duration of 30 days. So you'll have enough time to watch it.
2. I already use food rewards with my horse. Will this workshop still be useful for me? In our experience thinking about structuring your session and tools on how to prevent frustration are valuable to clicker trainers from many experience levels. After all we believe investing in a strong foundation is really what distinguishes the great trainer. However if you still have doubts if this is for you, send us a message and we can discuss.
3. I am not the only one training or interacting with my horse. Will this still work? Yes, horses are very good at distinguishing between different contexts. They will know what applies when if you are being conistent and clear about it. For sure it would be nice if everyone around your horse used the same system, however we know that isn't always possible.
5. How will we meet? The workshop will be live on Zoom. It is possible to communicate via chat or just speak, with or without your camera on. The recording will be made available only to you and your fellow participants.
4. I am new to all this. Is this the best place to start, or should I start elsewhere? Yes this will be useful for people who are at the very start of their journey. We recommend you also have a look at our starter course, coming in January. Which is a nice follow up for this and will give you the chance to get feedback on your training videos as well as a start with some of the first behaviors we teach.
Do you have another question, not mentioned above?
Send us a message from this page
I know enough!
8. Are there any discounts available? Yes, subscribers to our mailinglist always get the first chance to sign up, against a discount. After that we also have an early bird price for the general public for a limited time.
6. Will we be working with our horses during this workshop? No, during this workshop we will come together on Zoom and learn and discuss together how to set up your training with food rewards and how to make sure your horse is set up for success. So that when you do go out to train the next day you are prepared to implement what you have learned.
7. What timezone is CET compared to my timezone? Check out the links provided in the green block with practical info
After some theory from our side we have prepared some exercises for you to participate in.
These exercises will aid in your learning by cementing the principles we are talking about and make things concrete and practical, in a way that you can start implementing them the day after!
Note: This is an active workshop. Participants are asked to engage in the exercises and to be an active participant in their own learning process.
We are in small groups in a safe environment and encourage everyone to make the most of this workshop by actively participating.
This is why we highly advise everyone to attend the workshop live. However if you can’t attend live, there will be a recording available for 30 days after the workshop.
After finishing a course with RBHA, we invite you to become part of our online community, where we share training, answer questions, discuss new learning topics and ideas
Read more about the community here